Transition from indoor gym to outdoor rock.
Courses are in Vancouver or Squamish from 8am - 4pm. We are fortunate to have amazing rock in Vancouver and Squamish so we can choose a preferred location. At 8am we will meet at a predetermined location to sign waivers and check equipment, then we will move on to the climbing area. Plan to be back at the cars at 4pm.
8am - 4pm
(CLICK above) harness, helmet, belay device, chalk bag, rock shoes, 2 locking carabiners, double length sling (60cm), cordelette (5m x 7mm cord), 2 non-locking carabiners.
- Safety systems and protocols, hazards at the crag, and risk management.
- Review top-rope belaying, knots, and tying-in.
- Learn different belay devices and techniques (ATC, Grigri, Munter)
- Equipment strengths, forces on top-rope systems, proper use and fit.
- Learn top-rope anchors and assess integrity:
- single direction trad anchors, bolts, vegetation
- Safe communication and terminology.
- Build and practice top-rope systems and anchors.
- Ground anchors and when to use them.
- Introduce rappelling and prusik back-up.
- Introduce lead climbing theory and lead belaying.
- Next steps: discuss self-directed practice and Level 2 Rock.
Note: Goals are flexible and can be tailored for groups.
$120.00 +GST (1 day)
April 15 - FULL
May 06 - FULL
May 20 (new!)
Note: 3 or more can open their own course date anytime.
1:6 (minimum 4)
guide : participants
Basic knots, top-rope belaying, climbing 5.8
Questions? Contact Us
Spend your summer days outside on rock!
Learning to outdoor rock climb with professional ACMG Guides will give you a foundation and freedom to begin creating new adventures and explore new climbing areas.