Why Choose Vancouver Mountain Guides?
- Easily navigate through courses: Level 1 > Level 2 > Level 3 > Level 4 > Advanced (rock rescue and aid climbing).
- Our guides use a 5 part teaching model to convey knowledge of technical skills:
- Introduce skill
- Demonstrate skill
- Student practice
- Evaluate & Summarize
- Personal and professional guides will teach new skills to challenge you while respecting your limits and maintaining your safety.
- 28 years of climbing experience from ice, mixed, alpine, rock, and big walling to learn from.
- ACMG certified guides practice the most recent standards and stay on top of industry changes.
- Guides are First Aid certified, CPR level C, Wilderness First Responders 80hr course.
- Guiding in Vancouver, Squamish, Penticton, and Alpine regions throughout BC.
- In proud partnership with Climb On Squamish. Participants shop with 10% off and receive discounted climbing shoe rentals.
Professional Climbing Instruction
Transition from gym to outdoors. Top roping and anchors.
Learn to lead climb outdoors. Sport climbing and lead belaying.
Learn to trad climb. Focus on lead climbing gear placements.
Rock rescue, self rescue, and advanced rope work.
Multi-pitch skills, belay transitions, and station management.
Learn to aid climb and introduction to big walling.
VMG offers custom services, like hotel pick-up, and private lessons. Customize a course to learn at your pace and level. Hire a guide for the weekend or the week to take you rock climbing. VMG guides take the planning away so you can enjoy the climbing. Do you have a list of routes you have always dreamed of ticking? Get started.
One reason to choose VMG is because we offer guided rock climbing from Squamish and Vancouver to the biggest alpine rock routes. Whether you have been dreaming of climbing the Grand Wall in Squamish or a remote alpine route like the North East Buttress of Mt. Slesse in the North Cascades, VMG will safely and skillfully get you to the top and back down.
Sample Specialty Guiding:
"The reason it was so scary was that there was only one climber capable of rescuing us, and that was Layton Kor, and he was in Colorado." — Yvon Chouinard, on the first ascent of North American Wall.