Rack up and tie into the sharp end!
Courses are in Squamish from 8am - 4pm. Meet at 8am at the Squamish Adventure Centre to sign waivers and check equipment. Plan to be back at the cars at 4pm.
8am - 4pm
(CLICK above) harness, helmet, belay device, chalk bag, rock shoes, 2 locking carabiners, double length sling (60cm), cordelette (5m x 7mm cord), 2 non-locking carabiners
- Safety systems and protocols, and risk management on lead.
- Equipment strength, forces encountered leading, fall factors.
- Place and assess trad gear (cams, nuts)
- Tricks for cleaning gear, seconding a pitch, and using a nut tool.
- Safe communication and terminology.
- Multidirectional 3 and 4 point anchors. IDEALS acronym. Anchors in series and parallel.
- Strategies for lead climbing and placing gear, protecting the second.
- Mock leads with top-rope or real leads depending on participants.
- Focus on solid skills, mock or real lead climb with coaching.
- Rappelling, prusik back-up, knots in the ends.
- Tying 2 ropes together, strategies to throw ropes or basket coil.
- Intro to French free, bolt ladders, and self-rescue.
- Next steps: discuss self-directed practice and Level 3 Rock.
Note: Goals are flexible and can be tailored for groups.
$300 +GST (2 days)
$155 +GST (1 day**)
April 22, 23 - 3 SPOTS LEFT
May 20, 21
June 17, 18
July 22, 23
Aug 19, 20
Custom dates available, contact us!
1:4 (minimum 2)
guide : participants
Top roping outside and/or Level 1 Rock.
**Climbers with some lead experience.
Questions? Contact Us.
Spend your summer days outside on rock!
Learning to outdoor lead climb with professional ACMG Guides. VMG will give you a foundation and freedom to begin creating new adventures and explore new climbing areas.