Climb the biggest walls!
Courses are in Squamish from 8am - 4pm each day. Meet at 8am at the Squamish Adventure Centre to sign waivers and check equipment on day 1. Plan to be back at 4pm when your guide will discuss a plan for day two.
8am - 4pm
(CLICK above) harness, helmet, belay device, chalk bag, rock shoes, 2 locking carabiners, double length sling (60cm), cordelette (5m x 7mm cord)
- Safety systems and protocols, multi-pitch hazards, mitigating risk.
- Weather and planning. Route options.
- Equipment strength, multi-pitch forces, fall factor.
- Review lead belaying and communication.
- Trad gear placement, multidirectional belay anchors.
- Route finding and topos.
- Multi-pitch theory: racking up, what to carry, packs, choosing rope(s), timing, descent or retreat options.
- Strategies for leading out on hanging belays, first piece.
- Station management, belay transitions (lap coils, flipping the pile).
- Multi-pitch rappelling on 2 ropes, PAS's, rap anchors, fireman brake.
- Participants plan a multi-pitch assignment with coaching.
- Weather, route options, approach, timing, descent/retreat options, gear choice.
- Risk management and decision making skills tested with coaching.
- Route finding developed, multi-pitch efficiencies found.
- Bolt ladders, French free for wet or hard pitches.
- Next steps: discuss self-directed practice and Advanced Rock.
Note: Goals are flexible and can be tailored for groups.
$350 +GST (2 days)
April 29, 30
May 27, 28
June 24, 25
July 29, 30
Aug 26, 27
Custom dates available, contact us!
1:4 (minimum 2)
guide : participants
Trad lead climbing experience or Level 2 Rock and practice.
Questions? Contact Us
Spend your summer days outside on rock!
Learn to multi-pitch climb with professional ACMG Guides. VMG will safely teach you fundamental skills that you will use on every climb!